Breaking the Chains (Vol. 4, No. 2): Not a Moral Issue
The right-wing campaign to overturn Roe v. Wade has reached a critical moment. Having successfully restricted access to abortion, reactionary forces are preparing legal challenges to Roe v. Wade itself, banking on a rightward turn in the courts. The history of the struggle for reproductive rights, and for reproductive justice in this country is rich and instructive for the current period.
Breaking the Chains Vol. 4 No. 2, entitled “Not a Moral Issue,” articulates a Marxist understanding of reproductive rights and a socialist feminist perspective toward building the movement needed to defend Roe v Wade and expand the struggle for women’s liberation.
This issue includes:
- The right-wing campaign against reproductive rights
- Racism and reproductive rights
- Reproductive rights under socialism
- A Marxist analysis of women’s oppression and reproductive rights
- An interview with YellowHammer Fund executive director Amanda Reyes